實習生必須知道的事

實習生們請仔細聽清楚 from GaryVee

Interns, interns, it’s not, it’s not what you’re gonna learn this summer.
實習生,我認為這個暑假對於實習生來說,重要的不是你學到了什麼。

As a matter of fact, 94% of you are gonna take jobs where they’re gonna teach you dumbass shit,
其實有94%的實習生,你們所能學到的都是些垃圾,

or stuff that you already know.
或者這些東西你已經學過。

They’re, they’re mailing in their internships.
這樣的實習是一點用沒有的。

Interns, it’s not about what you’re going to learn this summer, my friends,
其實重要的不是你學到了什麼,朋友們,

it’s going to be who you meet.
重要的是結識了什麼樣的人。

Please understand as you go into this internship, maximize networking.
記住我的話,實習生最重要的任務就是擴展你的朋友圈。

Shake hands, kiss babies.
握握手,表示一下支持什麼的。

If you’re a wallflower, don’t even do internships, like, like not the classic way,
如果你不擅長這些,不擅長與人交際,你最好不要做實習生,我是說不是那種最常見的形式,

like, like, obviously, you have a skill to learn.
很顯然,你有自己的學習方法。

You’re lucky enough to be a developer or something like that but fine.
你很幸運能成為開發者或者什麼,這樣也可以。

But like if you’re an intern, please understand it is the human connections that you’re gonna make.
如果你是實習生,你要知道人際關係是你最需要學的。

Way too many people roll in and think they’re going to learn something about advertising
有太多實習生,他們認為自己可以學到一些廣告啊,

or marketing or media or startups.
或者是市場,媒體或者是創業方面的知識。

You’re not. You’re just not. You’re not. Just saving you time.
其實不然,其實不然,省省時間吧,

And if you do, it’s just this much.
如果你真的這麼認為,你學到的就只是那麼一點點而已。

It’s 3% of the equation. Please attack the other 97. Go to every after hours event.
你只得到了那3%,去追求那97%吧,參加下班后的每一場活動。

Say hello to everybody. If you go into an office where everybody’s head down,
向所有人打招呼,如果辦公室的人都低著頭,

it’s not that kind of culture, figure it out. Hack it.
你覺得這樣的氛圍不是太有利,想辦法解決它。

Be the obnoxious intern, that was too bubbly.
要讓人們看到你是一位開朗活潑的實習生。

And make sure you attach yourself, even if you go into an office,
加強人與人之間的聯繫,如果進入辦公室一看,

law firm where everybody is head down,
法律事務所,所有人都低著頭,

if you see that one person that looks up and gives you a glimmer of people skills,
如果你看見有一個人抬頭沖你微笑,

attach yourself to that person. Let them bring you to things.
一定要和那個人產生聯繫, 讓他們幫助你。

Interns, use this time wisely.
你們一定要合理利用時間。

Way too many of you go in and you think you’re gonna get something.
許多實習生都認為會真的學到什麼知識。

And in reality, the magic was sitting right in front of you.
但實際上,奇跡就在你的眼前。

And the punchline, my friends, is it’s the people?
有句話特別逗,這些是不是人?

It’s the people. It’s the people that you meet in that office that go work somewhere else,
這些是人,那位不是你公司的同事,現在跳槽去別的地方了,

that are reminded by your hustle and tenacity and good natureness
他們記住了你的激情,你的堅韌和開朗的性格,

and offense and you went for it, you attached for it,you wanted it
還有你的野心,你還為此付出了努力。

and, and they’re the ones that give you the opportunities.
而這些機會是他們給你的。

This is a very simple world. This is a people world.
這個世界很簡單,這是一個人與人之間聯繫的世界。

Not the black and white skills you learned this summer in eight weeks.
重要的不是你暑假這八周學到的技能。

Half of you are gonna get coffee and do dumb shit cause they disrespected you inappropriately.
一般實習生都會一邊喝著咖啡,一邊學一些一點用沒有的東西,因為他們一點都不在乎你們。

So please, even if you are in that 50% that’s getting dumb shit and coffees and things of that nature,
即使你是那一群人,手裡拿著咖啡,學習一些什麼用都沒有的東西等等,

say hello, drop a coffee off to somebody and they’ve got a Cardinals pennant
那你也要向別人打招呼,給他們遞上一杯咖啡,看他們在討論冠軍球隊紅雀隊,

and you know something about the Cardinals, say something.
你知道這隻球隊,說點你的觀點。

Say something about Adam Wainwright, create relationships.
說說亞當·溫賴特,建立你和同事之間的聯繫。

It is the only KPI. It is the only ROI of an internship.
這才是實習的唯一關鍵績效指標,這才是實習的唯一投資回報。

If you are an intern in America, you need to understand how good your life is. If there were a global ranking that measured everyone’s quality of life, you would be ridiculously humbled and shocked by how high you rank.

@anon30661134

If there is one thing where Gary is absolutely right is the necessity of investing your 20s in accumulating as much knowledge as possible. Mastering my field in my 20s, while building my business as well, helped me building a solid business big time.